P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425)418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
This senior leadership position is responsible for developing a vision & strategy for engineering, and directing all engineering activities in alignment with Company’s strategy. Accountabilities include project management, engineering, electrical and process control, and environmental operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. This position is responsible for the development of the engineering strategic plan that includes executing growth projects, and driving continuous improvement to reduce costs across all facilities. Provides direction to engineering staff on the management of projects and process improvement initiatives from initial scope development through completion. This includes ensuring projects are well executed utilizing best practices, accomplish the desired business impact, and are completed on time and within budget.
2. Responsible for the overall leadership and development of the engineering team, ensuring technical bench strength and a leadership pipeline. Manage development plans, leveraging training resources, and ensure the engineering competency at BAF provides a competitive advantage
3. Oversee the development and execution of capital projects in accordance with the BAF Strategic Plan.
4. Responsible for the Process Control and Electrical team, which is accountable for leading all process control projects and plant support activities, along with oversight of the electrical infrastructure at all facilities.
5. Responsible for the oversight of the organization's environmental strategy and ensures environmental compliance with local, state and federal environmental regulations as defined by policies, procedures, and site subject matter experts.
6. Continuously researches new technologies/best practices and applicability to BAF's engineering efforts. Oversee engineering support to all manufacturing operations including the application of lean manufacturing principles in process improvement and design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
This position is located just outside of Idaho Falls. Situated along the Snake River at the western edge of the world famous Rocky Mountains, Idaho Falls has all the features of big city living, but still embraces a small-town charm. Our skyline consists of the majestic Teton Mountain Range, and in our back-yard is the world's most famous park - Yellowstone.
We are an equal opportunity employer