P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Reports to: VP of Development & Operations
The Food Technologist will be responsible for formulation and development of all the company’s dry food mix products. This position will develop items that meet market demands and implement product development projects from our top customers.
The position requires a background in food sciences including nutrition, culinary arts and recipe innovation. You will work closely with sales, purchasing and operations to facilitate timely, accurate and cost effective product development. You will troubleshoot and problem-solve all issues related to product development, scale up and pilot plant trials.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This person will be responsible for managing the many details of a product from conception to delivery, including:
1. Develop formulas and recipes
2. Oversee and conduct testing, preparing and evaluating products and formulas
3. Cataloging and rotation of formulas, ingredients and samples
4. Interface with external vendors to help source and cost ingredients
5. Work with Project Management, purchasing, packaging and production to create products that work best within current capabilities and vendors wherever possible
6. Work with existing items to continue to improve quality and taste profiles to improve ingredients and nutritional value as well as proper preparation instructions
7. Oversee and prepare costumer samples
8. Oversee and help with the development and maintenance of formula databases
9. Do research in regards to new and innovative ideas, recipes, products and flavor trends
1. Organized and detail oriented
2. Proficient in Multitasking: ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
3. Cleanly, maintain a sanitary and well organized work are
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment as well as in the kitchen for food preparation/cooking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm and must work 40 hours/week.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
2. Background in food sciences including nutrition, culinary arts and product formulation
Preferred Education and Experience
1. 3+ years’ Experience developing dry foods for Grocery/CPG
2. HACCP Certified
Consistent with applicable laws, Conifer Specialties, Inc. makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.