P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083††† (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
† Manage the sourcing and procurement of the
highest quality raw material (potatoes & beans), at the lowest costs for
the processing facilities, while maintaining professional business
relationships with key raw product suppliers. Oversees daily raw material
deliveries, and inventories, volume and quality to assure the raw material
meets production requirements. Manages company storages, to
include harvest filling, and storage operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop in coordination with Director of Raw Material Sourcing a strategy to procure through contracting, or open purchase procurement the proper volume, processing category, and variety of raw material to achieve the highest potential raw material utilization. Assists Director of Raw Material Sourcing in negotiating short and long term supply agreement pricing terms and conditions.
2. Provides comprehensive potato data analysis, assesses results, tracks risks and opportunities, and develops strategic plan that mitigates risks and/or capitalizes on opportunities.† Presents raw material data and plans to senior leadership, Sales, Marketing and customers.†
3. Manages and oversees daily, weekly and monthly raw material sourcing; proper quality, volume to match daily production raw material requirements for the facilities. Communicates on daily basis with key operational individuals.
4. †Maintain long term professional business relationships with current and potential key raw product suppliers, especially process grade suppliers, while developing new supplier business relationships. Work with suppliers to develop long term supply strategies.
5.†† Provide leadership, training, coaching to raw material procurement team.† This would include leading the raw material team and setting continuous improvement goals, establishing project plans, measuring performance, and ongoing accountability.†
6. Oversees the management and storability of Company owned potatoes and beans which have significant asset value. Manages and develops the raw material budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
∑ Bachelor of Science degree from four-year college or university preferably in Ag Economics or Ag Business and at least eight years related experience with a minimum of five years leadership experience.† Masterís degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS†††††††
∑ Proven leadership abilities
∑ Solid background in sourcing raw materials preferably potatoes
∑ Strong computer skills for effective use of planning software tools and the Microsoft Office suite
∑ Partnering and working with cross-functional teams
∑ Excellent communications skills both verbal and written including presentation skills
∑ Excellent organizational skills
∑ Highly developed analytical reasoning skills
∑ Ability to formulate sound conclusions and recommend optimal course of action based on analysis
∑ Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
∑ Core competencies include: Energy and the ability to Energize others, relationship building, analytical mastery, managing complexity, strategy & planning, business management, leadership, resourcefulness, and passion
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
∑ Regularly in a traditional office environment in a production facility.† However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be near moving mechanical equipment and may be regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.† The employee may occasionally access high, precarious places and may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat.† The noise level may be loud at times, requiring hearing protection.† Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.