P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Regulatory Operations Manager
This position is responsible for the exchange of information between Basic American Foods and our customers, and ensuring that Company specifications and all supporting documentation complies with customer and USFDA/USDA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and ensure compliance of all products, graphics, labels, nutrition, claims, yields and marketing materials with current FDA regulations for food and feed. Liaise and assist BAF International and Industrial for country-specific regulatory requirements for products, graphics and labels, nutrition, claims and yield.
2. Assists Packaging Development with the creation of new packaging specifications and manages the evolution of current packaging specifications.
3. Work with counsel to explore regulatory requirements. Provide recommendations for potential solutions to regulatory and technical issues of moderate scope and complexity; develop regulatory options, associated risk assessments, and recommendations.
4. Manage Customer complaint process for Food Service, Consumer Foods, and International/Industrial customers. Provide reporting that meets the needs of the specific business units, Operations, and the Executive team.
5. Provides the expertise to answer customer requests for information. Design and administrate the process of providing product and regulatory information to customers.
6. Assist in Company product recalls in regards to food safety and quality. Assist in developing product recall and crisis management procedures and ensure all procedures are followed during a recall. Conduct mock crisis when assigned by the Recall Coordinator.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of “What We Stand For” and “The Basic Principles.”
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Other duties may be assigned.
Reporting to this position is the Ingredient Receiving Specialist and indirect responsibility for Document Management Specialist.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Partnering and working with cross functional teams
Ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
Excellent communications skills both verbal and written including presentation skills
Excellent organizational skills
Highly developed analytical reasoning skills
Ability to formulate sound conclusions and recommend optimal course of action based on analysis
Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Energy and the ability to Energize others
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science from a four year college or university required and five years related experience including a minimum of two years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to Marketing, Sales, or top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting; Database; Internet; Inventory; Manufacturing; Project Management; Spreadsheet; Word Processing; and Product Lifecycle Management software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
HACCP certification is required.
Travel 25% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.