P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Provides supervision across functionalities to maintain safety standards (both personnel and food) while ensuring that the lines meet budgeted rates. Enforces all policies - maintains proper crewing levels and levels of training and is actively involved in employee development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
for both personnel safety as well as food safety. Actively involved in the
2. Oversees adherence to production and packaging schedules and distributes crewing. Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, to prevent out of specification production, oversee line maintenance, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
3. Responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair and timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution. Ensures performance appraisals and progress reports are done in a timely manner. Facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Work with team leads to ensure that crew is properly cross trained and follows the principle of TWI.
4. Acts as on-shift representative for emergency response coordination, compliance to Company policies (drug/alcohol, attendance, EEO, etc.) Responds to personnel issues as needed, conducts thorough investigations and coordinates results/issues.
5. Responsible for meeting customer requirements through communication, documentation, training of team members, and adherence to sanitation guidelines and GMP’s, including the HACCP program. Responsible, in part, for meeting requirements of various supplier certification programs and audits. Maintains plant cleanliness to satisfactory degree.
6. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the continuous improvement process by following Lean Manufacturing concepts and the Basic Principals. Strives to improve each work process. Identifies/implements value added and cost savings activities and projects.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of “What We Stand For” and “The Basic Principles.”
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences and vacancies
Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees in the Production. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree and two years related experience is preferred; or 5 to 7 years of directly related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Halogen Human Resource systems; Adage, Ops Reporting Manufacturing software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.